Providing Pet Wellness Care for Wilkesboro and Beyond
Our goal is to help pets share more years with their families by providing customized pet wellness care plans that cover every life stage. We all need a little help to stay healthy, and pets are no exception. From giving your puppy their vaccinations to keeping your senior pet comfortable, our team is here to support you and your four-legged family member with complete, long-term care.
We look forward to working with you to keep your pet healthy!
Love these folks! They have been with my family through thick and thin - caring and compassionate - what more could you ask for! Thanks Animal Hospital of Wilkes from the bottom of our hearts!
- Bridgett G.
I've been taking my animals to this facility all my life. The doctors are excellent. I've found them to be honest and they recommend the best treatment for my pets. All of the staff are kind, courteous, and animal lovers.
- Kim R.
I love the whole staff of this place! From the time we checked in - until we left there, we were just well cared for along with our sweet dog Boostah.
- Diane N.
These vets express real concern for your pets. I have been taking my animals there all their lives. I have been using these vets for 40 years.
- Patricia C.
I’ve taken my dogs here for years. They are kind and courteous. I have nothing but good things to say about them!
- Patsy R.
I have always taken my pets here and had good quality care from all of the staff that I have seen. I appreciate everyone taking the time to answer my questions and taking good care of my pets.
- Jamie M.
A Healthy Start for Puppies and Kittens
Your new pet can meet their veterinarian as early as 6 weeks old. During this visit, we'll set your pet on the right path by:
- Checking for worms (and providing deworming treatments if needed)
- Ensuring your pet's overall health from nose to tail
- Advising on the proper diet for optimal growth and development
- Beginning their vaccine boosters for gradual disease immunity
- Providing support on behavior, housebreaking, socialization, and more
Helping pets hit their stride
We all know that diet and exercise are basic necessities for pets, but your pet is unique. Beyond the basics, we also provide specific health support with:
- Physical exams. We’d like to see your pet for annual visits to understand your pet's health and establish a baseline so we can detect abnormalities easily. If something is different about your pet, we'll notice.
- Diagnostics. Understanding your pet's internal workings by testing their blood and stool. These tests help us check for parasites, infections, and other issues that go deeper than what we see on the surface.
- Vaccinations. Increasing disease-fighting antibodies for a stronger immune system. Our stance is to vaccinate pets based on their needs, so we take time to understand what's essential for your pet's ongoing health.
- Parasite prevention. Fleas, ticks, and heartworms are a serious threat to dogs and cats, regardless of their lifestyle. We recommend continuous, year-round parasite prevention so you can rest easy knowing that your pet (and your family) is always protected.